Unresolved recognition issues of Royal Australian Air Force personnel who served at Ubon between 1965 and 1968
- There have been a number of reviews conducted into the recognition of those who served at the Thai Air Base at Ubon between 1965 and 1968. Members currently receive the AASM with Clasp ‘Thailand’, but the claims continue for the Vietnam Logistic and Support Medal. The Government referred this issue to the Tribunal.
- Submissions closed on 31 August 2010.
- The Report was presented to the PARLSEC on 24 February 2011. The Report was released to the Tribunal’s website on 1 April 2011.
- The Government has accepted the following Tribunal recommendations in this matter:
- Recommendation 1: RAAF personnel who served at Ubon air base in Thailand from 25 June 1965 until 31 August 1968 be awarded the Vietnam Logistic and Support Medal.
- Recommendation 2: The Vietnam Logistic and Support Medal Regulations be amended to give effect to this recommendation.
Media Release – Announcement of Inquiry
Terms of Reference
Ubon Inquiry_Acceptance of the Tribunal’s recommendations