Rifle Company Butterworth
Inquiry into recognition for members of Rifle Company Butterworth for service in Malaysia between 1970 and 1989
- A number of people have raised the issue of eligibility for members of the RCB for the Australian Active Service Medal (AASM) 1945-75 or the AASM, and general recognition issues for service in Malaysia between 1970 and 1989.
- Submissions closed on 7 June 2010.
- The Report was presented to the PARLSEC on 24 February 2011. The Report was released to the Tribunal’s website on 1 April 2011.
- On 26 July 2011 the Government announced its acceptance of the following Tribunal recommendations in this matter:
- Recommendation 1: No change be made to the medallic entitlements which currently attach to service with Rifle Company Butterworth in the period 1970 to 1989.
- Recommendation 2: No change be made to the medallic entitlements which currently attach to service with any other unit of the Australian Defence Force at Butterworth in the period 1970 to 1989 or since 1989.
Media Release – Announcement of Inquiry
Terms of Reference
Media Release – Acceptance of Recommendations