- A number of people raised the issue of recognition for service with Operation Lagoon in 1994.
- The call for submissions occurred on 7 May 2011.
- Submissions closed on 3 June 2011.
- The Tribunal’s Report was presented to the Parliamentary Secretary for Defence on 9 November 2012.
- The Government has recently advised the Chair of the Tribunal that it has accepted the following recommendation in relation to this matter:
The Tribunal recommends that it be determined that members of the Australian Defence Force who served with Operation Lagoon in 1994 (as referred to in the Terms of Reference) are not eligible for the Australian Service Medal.