Recognition of service with the Commonwealth Monitoring Force – Rhodesia 1979-80
- A number of people have raised the issue of Australian recognition for the Australian members of the Commonwealth Monitoring Force. Members currently receive the Rhodesia Medal and the Zimbabwe Independence Medal. The Government referred this issue to the Tribunal.
- Submissions closed on 13 August 2010.
- The report was presented to the PARLSEC on 1 March 2011. The Report was released to the Tribunal’s website on 1 April 2011.
- In July 2011, advice was received that the Government had accepted the following Tribunal recommendation in this matter:
- That the Australian Government take no action to award the ASM to members of the ADF who served with the Commonwealth Monitoring Force in Rhodesia between December 1979 and March 1980.
Media Release – Announcement of Inquiry
Terms of Reference