Recognition of service with the Task Group Medical Support Element One (TGMSE 1) during the Gulf War 1990/91
- A number of people raised the issue of eligibility for members of TGMSE 1 for the Australian Active Service Medal (AASM) with Clasp ‘Kuwait’. Members of TGMSE 1 currently receive the Australian Service Medal with Clasp ‘Kuwait’. Members who served on TGMSE 2 and 3 received the AASM with Clasp ‘Kuwait’.
- The Inquiry commenced with a call for public submissions on 24 July 2010.
- Submissions closed on 23 August 2010.
- The Report was present to the Parliamentary Secretary for Defence on 19 June 2012.
- The Government has advised the Tribunal that it has accepted the following Tribunal Recommendation: That there be no change to the medallic recognition of members who served with TGMSE 1.
TGMSE1 Report – Part 1 [PDF 400KB]
TGMSE1 Report – Part 2 – Appendices 1-6 [PDF 5.2MB]
TGMSE1 Report – Part 3 – Appendices 7-13 [PDF 4.4MB]